I personally believe that if you want to reject someone, it's best to outline to the person:
All this can be said fairly nicely. We need to nurture our young Malaysians, not deflate their hopes. (Yeah! The Merdeka spirit!)
- It's the work you are rejecting, not the person
- If this particular piece of work is not good enough, it doesn't mean your future work will not be good enough
- These are the reasons: a)....b)....c)
- BUT you can improve if you do a)....b)....c) e.g: write better grammar, make your sentences simpler, write a more compelling story etc
- It's not the end of the world. JK Rowling herself was rejected many times.
- Now, go home and take my advice and polish up your tome. THEN come and see me again when you are ready.