For the Dark City sequel, which is scheduled to be published in April 2007, author Xeus is calling for short story submissions. Dark City 2 will be an anthology of dark and twisted Malaysian tales much in the tone of the first book.So the call for contributions are out. Got a Dark Story?
The submission criteria are:
Your story will be selected on the strength of its plot, your ability to beguile the reader, and the shock impact of your twist. Your story must be concise, gripping and satisfying! Selected contributors will be paid RM 150 and 4 free books for each story. You can submit as many stories as you like.
- Each short story should contain around 3000 - 8,000 words. Please use double spacing and Microsoft Word.
- Each plot must be in the same vein as Dark City 1, which are stories about the darker side of Malaysian life. The short story genres can be contemporary, horror, fantasy, science fiction, suspense, romance, Roald Dahl-style ironic etc.
- The stories must meet the English and storytelling standards of the first book. (In other words, the editor will only select only what is publishable)
- Each short story must contain a twist which hopefully no reader will see coming.
- This is open to published and unpublished writers of all ages. For unpublished writers, this allows you an opportunity to be published and to use this in your literary resume. You will then be able to sell your work more easily to a future publisher.
The editor reserves the right to conceptually edit selected stories in the purpose of making them more appealing and ask you for a rewrite.
Closing date is Feb 28th, 2007. Good and publishable stories will be selected on a first come, first serve basis. So if you’re interested, get cracking now!
Stories are to be submitted to email@example.com
For more information about Dark City, log on to darkcity-xeus.blogspot.com
Thursday, 12 October 2006
The sequel to the best-selling Dark City by Xeus will be different. Well, only slightly. For one thing, the stories will no longer be written only by Xeus, but will be contributed by other writers and selected by Xeus herself: