Looks like I have time to post. Thoughts on the Novel-In-Progress:
- Woke up feeling a little afraid that my momentum had lessened because I did not know how to continue where I left off yesterday. Well I did, but I couldn't really "imagine" a perfect continuation. Solved it by simply not thinking about it and sitting down and writing it.
- GF mentioned that the story reminds her of Ishiguro's Never Let Me Go, which is interesting in that I did not have it in mind when I wrote it but I did read it recently. (About 2 months back?) The story does have some similarities to Never Let Me Go. A story narrated by a young person, and a "gob" instead of a "carer". But no clones in this one. Or any nostalgic escapades into the 80s. Or sex. :(
- I'm scared of writing this down because I might jinx my novel, but damn! I have a good feeling about this story. I didn't really plan the whole thing like I usually do, and I find this to my advantage because I find out at the same time with my characters if any surprises are thrown their way.
- I was planning it to be non-literary... but seems it's starting to become very literary. Hmmm.
- Am mostly happy with my wordcount-per-day (at leat 2k words per day) but am absolutely amazed at those who finished 17k words in a day. In fact, someone has even reached 50k already. Caffeine truly is magic.