Yes, yes, 2007, I would like our partnership to be a good one. That means I want to have one that is without much problems. Yeah, yeah. I know it's impossible to expect no trouble at all... but it's good to set high standards and to work towards it. Set too low a standard and there won't be any challenge when we work together to further my - I mean our - goals. Trouble is good when we can learn from the lessons of our mistakes but too much of trouble might cloud our vision and lead to depression. And depression sucks when you're a teetotaller and non-smoker like me. I have to make do with Campbell's Cream of Corn and lemme tell you, that's no way to drown one's sorrows!
So here's what I'm expecting to accomplish in our collaboration:
- I will finish my novel (from one of two manuscripts I started with Mr. 2006)
- I will write at least 12 short stories, one to equal each month. It's a no-brainer that I will be sending them out, so what I want you to do is to try and steal time - I don't care where you get it, try looking where there's lots of it, like in the mountains or the ocean or something - and give it to the editors to read my stories.
- I will start translating stories into English (for fun and not much for profit).
- From the same mountains and oceans, save some of that time for me so I can read at least 54 books this year, one book for each week.
- Remind me to pay my Internet bills on time so I don't have to wait till I get into the office so I can start blogging.
- I shall contribute to that Manuscripts Don't Burn blog. *cough*
And stop slouching. We've got work to do.